Monday, September 16, 2013

That was quick -- a new SJSU women's BB coach

Here's the announcement from Sacramento State athletics:
Sacramento State women's basketball head coach Jamie Craighead has resigned to take over the women's basketball program at San José State.

"Sacramento State has been my home for the past six years," Craighead said. "It has been a pleasure being a part of the university and the athletics department. I have been able to help build the women's basketball program in my time here and I believe I am leaving the program in better shape than where I found it.

"I will miss working with my players but I know they will continue to change the culture of Sacramento State women's basketball in the coming season and years."

Craighead served as the Hornets head coach for four seasons and led the team to its first two Big Sky Tournament wins over the last two years. She amassed a record of 51-71 in her four years, including a 19-12 record last season to tie the program record for single-season wins.

In 2012-13 Sacramento State led the Big Sky in points per game, 3-pointers per game, and assists on the offensive end and had league best totals in steals and blocks defensively. Nine players garnered all-Big Sky honors in Craighead's four seasons with the Hornets.
The Spartan Daily also posted an article on the hire.

No comments:

Post a Comment