Friday, January 30, 2015

Prep Hoops Indiana honors SJSU-commit Welage

Congrats to our PHI Player of the Week, Greensburg's Ryan Welage

While the eyes of basketball fanatics around the state have turned towards the impending clash of titans in the 4A tournament, Greensburg PF Ryan Welage has made sure that the attention is spread a bit more evenly between classes. The 6’9” power forward has led the Pirates to three straight victories and a #5 spot in 3A classification.

Welage led all scorers in the matchup against Madison with 43 points (70% FG), 16 rebounds, and two blocks, pushing the Pirates to a 92-82 win over the Cubs. Just a day later, Welage led all scorers again with a 47-point game against South Decatur, picking up 13 rebounds along the way and outscoring the entire Cougars team in a 68-31 victory for Greensburg.

"I was just concentrated on helping my team win the game," Welage said in an interview Wednesday evening. "I just kept telling myself to be patient and pick my spots to attack, but I knew I was getting hot."

No comments:

Post a Comment