Friday, December 11, 2015

MWC expansion?

Via Chris Murray: "CBS SPORTS REPORTED THE MW will discuss Rice and UTEP as expansion candidates during its meetings this weekend. An addition was termed more exploratory than imminent, which is good. Expansion doesn’t makes much sense unless the team entering the league can sweeten the television revenue package (I don’t think Rice or UTEP does that). I get the appeal of landing a school located in Texas (I advocated for a team from Texas over San Jose State a couple of years ago). But Rice and UTEP doesn’t bring anything great outside of the Owls’ awesome baseball program and Rice’s academic reputation. The only way I’d expand the MW is if BYU can crawling back. Beyond that, I’d try to build up the schools currently in the conference in an effort to emphasis quality over quantity."

No comments:

Post a Comment