Sunday, July 16, 2017

A message from Ryan Welage


"My third college season at San Jose State, one that I really look forward to launching, awaits. But first an amazing personal growth and service opportunity presents itself to me and I want to make you especially aware of it. While a basketball-driven life is an important focus in my life, I know I need to add more balance, spiritual foundation and selfless service as I press on. I want to build my faith and bring a great message of hope and healing, grace and truth to the world. That’s why I write to you.

This summer I have a chance to have a terrific summer basketball experience by joining an Athletes in Action (AIA) elite basketball team dedicated to victory beyond competition, not just victory in competition. The plan is to barnstorm the giant, basketball-crazed nation of China, the most elite basketball power in all of Asia. Our team will play a series of exhibition games with the best pro teams there, building relationships with China’s elite athletic influencers as well as engaging thousands of fans and conducting youth basketball clinics. All this is aimed at building spiritual movements through personal conversations, very public games, and strategic community service that blesses, serves and challenges others to quietly, confidently follow Jesus too.

My personal goals for the summer include deepening my personal relationship with God, growing me so that I can better grow my San Jose State team, certainly improving my game, and just loving, serving and moving people towards Him. I want to give my life away for a cause greater than myself. Needless to say, this will require some passionate intentionality.

Our special mission runs from July 28-August 14 and is made possible by the giving of God’s people, folks like you willing to invest in missions like this. Each team member is challenged to secure $4200, everyone’s individual’s portion of the team’s total goal. These funds are due July 27st in order for our team to report to training camp and undertake our mission. I’d love to have you on my support team!

Would you prayerfully consider giving to help meet this need?  Be confident that you will be helping to promote positive spiritual movement and good will throughout East Asia.  And be confident that I will represent my Lord, my country, my family and SJSU very well as I go!

There are two easy giving options:
1. Give electronically (credit card or electronic fund transfer) by going to this site: www.give.cru.org/0951649
2. Write a check (payable to Athletes in Action) and send it to the following address:

AIA
Attention: Coach Mo
651 Taylor Drive
Xenia, OH  45385

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at ryanwelage@icloud.com.

Thanks for considering me for this special mission. I’m truly grateful for any support you can send.

Sincerely,
Ryan Welage"

No comments:

Post a Comment