Saturday, April 26, 2014

A big to Washington Square

Ryan Singer tweeted: "After deciding to reopen my recruitment, I have committed to San José State to play basketball next year!"

Singer earlier committed to Penn but decided not to pursue that direction.

Here's a Q-and-A he participated in prior to changing his mind.

Singer's self assessment of his game:
I’m a 6-foot-11, 220- pound forward. I play inside and outside. I’m more of a versatile four-five. I don’t post up the entire time. I like to go outside. I like to shoot outside shots because a lot of bigs won’t guard other bigs outside and I have taken advantage of that. I have a good jump shot as well as skills inside.

My strongest attributes are my ability to run the floor faster than most big guys and my defense. I think [defense] is the strongest part of my game and I can shut down some big players.
He did a prep season this year at Massanutten Military Academy:
...Among the extensive group of newcomers is 6-11 center Ryan Singer from Littleton, Colo. Singer, who drew plenty of interest as a high school player at Littleton's Heritage High School, decided he wanted the extra year a postgraduate program provides to improve his game and possibly his options.

"I had offers. Whether or not they were right for me or not, it's my decision and my parents' decision," Singer said. "We saw Massanutten as an opportunity to get an extra year to get bigger and stronger, and get more play and hopefully bring in more looks from college."

"... I found out about Massanutten because of the reputation. Obviously, it's a great basketball program and they did very well last year and drew a bunch of attraction...

No comments:

Post a Comment